How do I get my car air conditioning to be colder quicker and more efficient?
When returning to a hot vehicle:
- Open doors to allow interior and exterior temperatures to equalize.
- Start vehicle and switch air conditioner on.
- Open drivers window 50mm, select hi fan and Fresh. This uses outside air to force hot air from window gap, (for approx 1min).
- Select Recirculate and medium fan speed to continue cool down.
nb. On long trips: after 1 hour Fresh needs to be selected for 1 minute prior to returning to Recirculate.
- Use a slow or medium fan speed to acheive lower vent temperatures.
- Recirculate air to keep traffic odours outside.
- Also Recirculate air for colder vent temperatures and economical operation.
- Tip: slower fan means colder air, less compressor run time, less fuel.
- Tip: on a hot day with medium to high humidity, Recirculating air can be up to 15 deg cooler vent than selecting Fresh.
If this didn’t help call Kenny on 0412 756 562